Wednesday, August 11, 2010

With Fond Thoughts of the USDA and DPI

Since we have more mangos than time, we try to limit what we bring in the house for baking and freezing, etc. Even so, I threw out 4 buckets of overripe fruit today. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to keep up with the fruit once I give up sleep. But for now I even dream about mangos.

This week I picked the first Kent, Keitt and Beverly mangos. The Valencia Prides and Carries will last another week or so. Several other varieties are almost finished fruiting. Ealier today I noticed our first jak fruit ripening, and we have carambola and sugar apples now also. It's likely that all will be available this Saturday morning for tasting and/or cutting up.

1 comment:

  1. Will be there tomorrow Sat for some mango eating and cutting! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete